Headlines | Stories
1) The American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) has listed temper tantrums as a mental disorder. Normal grief will become a Major Depressive Disorder, thus medicalizing and trivializing our expectable and necessary emotional reactions to the loss of a loved one, and the everyday forgetting characteristic of old age will now be misdiagnosed as Minor Neurocognitive Disorder.
2) Anna Nicole’s Psychiatrist Arrested for Her Death - Reports are now surfacing that Psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich played a huge role in the overdose that took Anna Nicole’s death. The psychiatrist was writing prescriptions in false names and prescribed unwarranted amounts of highly addictive medications to Smith, knowing that she was an addict.
3) Eli Lilly Forced to Pay Billion Dollar Fine for Zyprexa - Eli Lilly was forced to pay $1.42 billion fine for marketing their anti-psychotic drug to elderly and children when the drug has no proof to help. Instead, the drug can cause diabetes, suicide, and other harmful side effects.
4) Lexapro - The Real Killer of Taylor Hooton - Father of Taylor Hooton, who was taking Lexapro, a psychiatric drug KNOWN TO CAUSE SUICIDES, railed against steroids because he thinks they caused Taylor to commit suicide.
5) Anti-Psychotic Drugs Don’t Work on Disabled People - Anti-psychotic drugs appear not be effective at improving the behavior of people with learning disabilities than a placebo. Anti-psychotics are regularly used on people with learning disabilities who exhibit aggression, but no studies had previously been conducted to see if such treatment was effective.
6) Zoloft Caused Mother to Want to Kill Her Newborn - As reported by CBS 11 News, a mother has started a crusade against antidepressants after being prescribed Zoloft after her son’s birth. After taking the drug she recalled: “As I walked past the stairs, I could see on the corner of my eyes what looked like me standing on the stairs holding him and then tossing him the rest of the way down to the bottom of the stairs.” Funny enough, her life returned to normal once she stopped taking Zoloft.
7) Prozac Does Not Work - Prozac, the bestselling antidpressant taken by over 40 million people, doesn’t work along with similar drugs in the same class. As reported by the Guardian, patients improved the same amount when taking the placebo. So given the link between anti-depressants, suicides, and school shootings, why would anyone take them???
8) Science Proves Antidepressants Addictive. Withdrawal Unbearable For Some: As psychiatry and the giant pharmaceutical companies fight to create a PR spin that antidepressants are harmless non-addictive drugs “the truth is beginning to come out showing the dangers of these drugs. Along with horrific side effects these drugs produce while you take them, they are now proving for some people to be nearly impossible to stop taking. As this article by the Associated Press proves many patients experience terrible antidepressant withdrawal so severe that some appear to be hooked on antidepressants for life.
9) Man Jumps Off Golden Gate Bridge After Taking Psychiatric Drugs - Kevin Hines who is lobbying to get a barrier placed on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco in order to stop suicidal people from jumping. In the article it quotes Kevin as saying: “I was on medication for two years, 1998 to 2000. In 2000, I graduated in June from high school. All C’s. I went to this doctor, and I had therapy every week, but I began to get worse again. I was on 14 pills a day at that time.” The problem will not be solved by the barrier but but stop abusing the prescription of psychoactive drugs.
10) Drug Company & the FDA Finally Admit Paxil Causes Increased Suicide Risk - After years of repeated warnings by groups like the Citizens Commission On Human Rights. the United States FDA & the drug company Glaxo Smith Kline (the maker of Paxil) have admitted that patients taking Paxil have a dramatic increase in suicidal thoughts and attempted suicide. This being such a horrible side effect you would think they should have told you this earlier when they first found out about it. In fact, its an increase of over 600%!!! Would you like to take a drug that makes you six times more likely to kills yourself? How about it you are depressed and seeking help for suicidal thoughts already? Yet that’s exactly what Paxil is prescribed for.
12) Brain Scans Fail To Prove Psychiatric Disorders - Proving psychiatry’s failure the New York Times today ran an article describing how psychiatrists have oversold the idea that brain imaging scans can somehow prove the existence of their many theoretical diseases. The NY Times reports: “After almost 30 years, researchers have not developed any standardized tool for diagnosing or treating psychiatric disorders based on imaging studies.” and “imaging technology has not lived up to the hopes invested in it in the 1990’s - labeled the “Decade of the Brain” by the American Psychiatric Association”.
13) Psychiatrists Abusing Patients In Turkish Psychiatric Hospitals - In a description that sounded more like a dungeon torture chamber this article covers the horrific abuse of patients in psychiatric hospitals in Turkey. The story also quoted a report investigating these human rights violations. The report included such comments as: “Investigators observed children emaciated from starvation,” and “Staff reported children dying from starvation and dehydration.” Patients are “subjected to treatment practices that are tantamount to torture.” The group said electric shock therapy were “massively overused in Turkish psychiatric facilities in cases for which there is no clinically proven justification,” and that they were used as a form of punishment.
14) ADHD Drug Strattera Causes Suicidal Thoughts In Children - The drug manufacturer Eli Lilly is admitting today that their drug Strattera prescribed to treat ADHD and hyperactivity causes children to have suicidal thoughts. This is after the FDA requested that Eli Lilly provide the data that they apparently had not disclosed showing the link between suicide and this ADHD drug. After reviewing this information the FDA seems to have requested that Strattera carry a warning on it’s label.
15) Tom Cruise Is Right About Child Psychiatric Drugs - I recently read an article in the LA Times about Tom Cruise and his fight against psychiatry. The article points out the truth behind his message against psychiatry’s drugging of children and the fact that two other major celebrities are self acknowledged victims of psychiatry’s betrayal of children. The article says: “WHEN TOM CRUISE and his fellow Scientologists took a hammering earlier this year for their public opposition to psychiatric drugs, neither they nor their critics could have anticipated the releases in July and August of two weighty reports offering evidence that at least some psychiatric prescription-writing has run amok.”
16) Schizophrenia Anti Psychotic Drugs Are A Failure - It seems psychiatry and the big drug companies had a problem when it came to anti psychotic drugs. These are the same drugs that they use to dope up people who have been labeled with schizophrenia. These drugs have strong side effects and the patients stop taking the drugs because they cannot stand these side-effects.
So what was their solution?
17) Prozac Suicide Dangers Hidden - Charges Harvard Psychiatrist - I was recently revisiting the story about how the manufacturer of the drug Prozac, Eli Lilly, seemed to magically “misplace” important information showing the strong link between taking antidepressants and suicide. Apparently there were many drug trials that showed this long before the drug was ever approved and sold to the public. In looking this over it really struck me that magnitude of this act. I did some quick math and it seems that hundreds of thousands of patients are probably dead today because of these suicidal side effects that were buried and hidden from the public. Millions more have likely suffered from thoughts of suicide or unsuccessful acts of suicide. Most of them probably will never know this was cause by the drugs they were taking.
18) Psychiatric Treatment For Children - Put Them In Cages - This has become a high profile issue recently due to a news article about the foster parents who were allegedly advised by a psychiatrist to keep their children in cages. This should come as no surprise though - putting children in cages as a form of treatment has been in use by psychiatry for over 200 years. Rather than actually curing patients psychiatric hospitals often just sedate patients with drugs, restrain them or lock them up.
19) Man On Prozac Stabs Pregnant Girlfriend In Stomach Murdering Two - Again I found another terrible murder committed by someone under the influence of Prozac. I have personally found dozens cases just like this one - and all of these just recently. The case histories go like this: Someone starts taking an antidepressant and then suddenly commits a terrible act of violence - Often on themselves or their family and sometimes on a complete stranger. It is usually completely unexpected. In this case, it was 32 year old Gilberto Cano who brutally murdered his girlfriend and unborn child. He stabbed Martha Moreno in her pregnant belly 3 times and then strangled he. Did Prozac cause this murder?
20) Teenagers, Children, Antidepressants and Suicide - Antidepressants for teenagers and children have become a controversial topic thanks to all the evidence that is surfacing linking the side effects of these drugs to suicides and violent behavior. For years many groups have been calling for the investigation of the side effects from drugs like Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft. Particularly when they are prescribed to children and young adults. This year the US FDA and several other governments have determined that antidepressants are causing the deaths of many children. Some have banned the drugs outright while others have required to place a strong warning label on these drugs.
22) Mental Health Screening For Preschoolers? - Recently there has been a big push both nationally and at the local state levels to force mental health screening of children in schools. Often this is to be done without parental consent. This is clearly a violation of our basic rights as parents. These screenings are also used to make referrals to psychiatric care and to label children with learning or psychiatric disorders.
23) Adult ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Does It Exist? - I just ran across this great article by a University Professor about Adult ADHD (Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). In it, Dr. Mike S. Adams talks about his experience with students who have been falsely labeled with this fictional disease. I call it fictional because after doing plenty of research I have yet found any conclusive scientific evidence that ADHD is a biological brain disease. I believe that the myth of ADHD has been enforced on our society by the giant pharmaceutical and psychiatric marketing & public relations machine. It’s a convenient way to hook people for life to become legalized drug users. After all, the drugs prescribed for this “disorder” like Ritalin & Adderall are classified as stimulants and placed on the same list by the US Drug Enforcement Agency as crack cocaine.
24) Antidepressants Alleged To Have Caused Man’s Suicide - I just found this press release about a man who after taking Zoloft for only a short time killed himself unexpectedly. Below are some clips about his suicide and how it related to recent warnings that antidepressants cause suicide. Russell Johnson, a 54-year-old Nebraska native who spent much of his life in Neill, survived cancer surgery two years ago and was talking about retiring, maybe moving to South Dakota. And then one summer day, without warning, he left the job he had for 28 years, went home for lunch and shot himself, according to family members.
25) Psychiatric Failure - Another Patient Commits Murder - After a “lengthy history of psychiatric treatment” a New Jersey woman has stabbed her parents - killing her father and severely wounding her mother. A grand jury has indicted the woman in the fatal stabbing of her father and attempted murder of her mother in their home in February. Prosecutors have said she used a kitchen knife to stab her 91-year-old father once in the chest while he sat in a bedroom chair. She then walked into the living room, where her 78-year-old mother sat in a chair, and stabbed her once in the chest, authorities have said.
26) Electro-Shock Therapy Caused Brain Damage - Psychiatrist Ordered To Pay $635,000 in Damages - I recently found this article about a jury that found a psychiatrist liable for causing brain damage to his patient. The patient was referred for intensive electroshock procedures (practitioners prefer to call it, electro-convulsive treatment ECT) that left her permanently damaged. The patient, Peggy S. Salters is a 60 year old former psychiatric nurse. She was subjected to 13 electroshocks over the course of about 2 weeks. The jury found that her loss of 30 years of memory and cognitive impairment–which are demonstrable symptoms of brain damage–was due to ECT. They awarded her over $635,000 in damages. The hospital where the procedure took place had previously settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.
27) ADHD Drug Adderall Causes 20 Deaths - I just ran across this article covering Adderall Deaths and the decision of Canadian health agency to pull the drug from the market. The author covers the curious point of why does the FDA continue to allow this drug to be prescribed to children when it has been linked to the deaths of 20 children. In the article he says: “This uncovers a fault in the regulation of pharmaceutical drugs: the absence of ongoing monitoring of the “performance” and especially the safety of drugs. Once approved, it appears that the FDA relies on voluntary reporting by the drug companies to tell it about side effects - a bit like having the fox guard the hen house.”
28) Tom Cruise Sparks Interest In Ritalin Dangers - In this article by Charley Reese, he covers the media’s treatment of Tom Cruise and his campaign to make the public aware of the dangers of psychiatric drugs.
He also mentions that Ritalin is a harmful scourge that is damaging children. Mr. Reese says: “As for Ritalin, which in my opinion is irresponsibly prescribed for millions of children, it is a stimulant in the same family as cocaine. Long-term studies show that it has no permanent therapeutic value. Furthermore, there is disagreement on whether the so-called attention-deficit disorder even exists. There are also some negative side effects of Ritalin.”
29) Don’t Betray The Katrina Hurricane Victims - In a time of loss and destruction some people will try to take advantage of the weak and needy. The hurricane Katrina victims are about to find this out first hand. I have been recently seeing media reports that psychiatry and the big drug companies are gearing up to dish out millions of dollars of “free” psychiatric care and harmful psychiatric drugs to help “treat” the victims. Ultimately what the victims will discover once hooked on these powerful mind altering drugs is that the side effects (like suicide and psychosis) are awful and withdrawal from them is almost impossible.
30) 9 Of The Recent School Shooters Were Taking Psychiatrys Violence Inducing Drugs - Todd Cameron Smith, the boy the police captured after he escaped from a Toronto, Ontario group home recently, was the 4th out of 9 school shooters who were taking one or another of psychiatry's violence inducing drugs at the time of the shooting. On April 28, 1999, Todd walked into his Taber Alberta high school with a sawed-off shotgun and shot and killed 16-year-old Jason Lang and wounded another boy. He was subsequently convicted in an Alberta, court trial, and then transferred to Ontario, Canada to serve his sentence.
The site has many more such stories and it is a crime that Big Pharma, allow with the FDA (government) continue to be peddlers of death.